Annual Forum Conference
Every year the Dedham Vale AONB and Stour Valley Project hold a Forum Conference to highlight key priorities of the area and to showcase the work of the team.
The 2019 Dedham Vale AONB and Stour Valley Forum is on Friday 21 June.
The theme is Special Qualities of the Dedham Vale AONB and Stour Valley, and we'll feature archaeology, farming policy, education, conservation, and why our special qualities are important.
See the full Programme with speaker details and booking information here.
For your interest!
Report of the 2018 Forum on the theme: OUTSTANDING LANDSCAPES AND NATURAL BEAUTY. Speakers included: Fiona Cairns, Suffolk Preservation Society; Rob Wise, NFU; David Barker MBE, Suffolk's `Creating the Greenest County'; Ruth Philo, River Stour Festival 2018; and the AONB Chairmen and Manager.
See the Forum Report, included extracts from the speaker talks and photos here.
Read the East Anglian Daily Times report by Ross Bentley here.
Report of the 2017 Forum, on the Theme: "Outstanding Landscapes: Good for the environment, health and economy". The event included presentations on the work of the AONB and Stour Valley team and from partner organisations about their work in the area, plus a national perspective from Defra and the National Association of AONBs.
In 2017, we were very pleased to welcome the following speakers:
- Lord Gardiner of Kimble, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Rural Affairs and Biosecurity
- Howard Davies, Chief Executive of the National Association for Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (NAAONBs)
- Professor Jules Pretty, Professor of Environment & Society and Deputy Vice-Chancellor at the University of Essex
- Tracey Brinkley, Tourism Development Officer at Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils
- Plus the AONB Chairmen and Manager