Apply for an SVEF grant
The Stour Valley Environment Fund (SVEF) was established as an endowed fund with Essex Community Foundation (reg. charity no. 1052061) in 2011 to support voluntary and community organisations working to enhance the environment and community in the Stour Valley area, in perpetuity.
What SVEF will support
The Fund will consider grant applications of up to £2,500 from voluntary and community organisations working to enhance the environment and community life in the Stour Valley area, on both Essex and Suffolk sides of the river Stour.
Please see our Map of the Stour Valley. Our Sustainable Development Fund gives preference to projects within the AONB so the Stour Valley Environment Fund gives preference to projects within the Project area as a whole and not necessarily to projects in the AONB itself.
When is the grant application deadline for the SVEF?
Enquiries can be made to Essex Community Foundation throughout the year.
Grants awarded by SVEF
- Daws Hall received £1,160 to help create additional resources and contribute to staff costs at an educational nature reserve in Lamarsh, Essex.
- Sudbury Market Town Partnership received £500 towards the 'greeniversity' project, supporting Transition Sudbury to continue activity to raise profile.
- Dedham Vale AONB & Stour Valley Project received £1,218 towards extending the Scattered orchards project up the Stour Valley, in Essex and Suffolk.
- Daws Hall received £2,500 for a project to build a raised walkway and a viewing platform at the important education centre and nature reserve.
- Bures Common Land received £2,500 to help provide a post and rail fence around the village green in Bures.
- Wormingford Community Education Centre received £2,500 to help provide healthy living and outdoor activities for the rural community of Wormingford.
- 2nd Witham Boys Brigade received £2,500 to complete a board walk pathway at Peter's Vale Twinstead.
- 1st Steeple Bumpstead Scout Group to receive £2,480 for equipment, training and professional tree services to enable the scout group to be involved in conservation work along the Bellropes.
To apply to the SVEF
Please visit www.essexcommunityfoundation.org.uk for the general grant application form and guidelines.
For further information or to discuss a grant request, please call the Essex Community Foundation’s grants team on 01245 356018 or you can email email@example.com.