Stour Valley Path - Free to download or £5 + £1.50 p&p for the full-colour printed pack!
Walking In... guides to Constable Country and Dedham - NEW IN 2017! Free to download.
Enjoy strolls and longer walks in iconic and outstanding landscapes and villages of the Dedham Vale AONB:
Walking in Constable Country - sponsored by Disover Suffolk - download page 1 here and page 2 here.
Explore the landscape that inspired the artist John Constable around Flatford, East Bergholt, Dedham, Langham and Stratford St. Mary.
Walking in Dedham - download here.
Discover the historic village of Dedham and the surrounding countryside by following these two short walks.
Walks Off The Stour Valley Path - Free to download
A series of SIX walks that help you explore the tributaries of the River Stour and the different landscapes along its length. The walks are circular and of a variety of lengths. They are NEW publications published November 2012 and Sept 2013 - download them from the list below and download the Introduction to give you an overview of the walks and where they are on the Stour Valley Path (or contact the office for a copy). Sponsored by The Crown Inn, Stoke by Nayland and The Swan, Stratford St Mary:
- Introduction to Walks Off The Stour Valley Path
- UPPER STOUR WALK - 11.5 miles (18.5 km)
- GLEM VALLEY WALK - 9.5 miles (15 km)
- BELCHAMP BROOK WALK - 9 miles (14.5 km)
- DRAGON WALK (Bures and Wissington) 11 miles (18 km)
- BOX VALLEY WALK - 9 miles (14.5 km)
- BRETT VALLEY WALK - 12 miles (19 km)
Managing a Masterpiece - Sudbury Line Walks - station to station walks, FREE to download
Walk from station to station with our useful guides! Produced by Managing a Masterpiece, an HLF funded project:
- Ramble 1: Chappel Station to Bures Station: 6-7 miles
- Ramble 2: Sudbury Station to Bures Station: 6-7 miles
- Ramble 3: Chappel Circular: 4-5 miles
- Ramble 4: Marks Tey Station to Chappel Station v1: 5-6 miles
- Ramble 5: Marks Tey Station to Chappel Station v2: 5 miles
- Ramble 6: Chappel Station to Marks Tey Station v3: 6 miles
- Ramble 7: Chappel Station to Bures Station: 4 miles
- Ramble 8: Bures Station to Sudbury Station: 8-9 miles
Leavenheath - circular walks x 4 - 2015 - Free to download
A Walk in Constables Footsteps - Free
A walk along the River Stour from Manningtree Station to Flatford, with extensions to East Bergholt or Dedham. You can download a copy here.
Long Melford Circular Walk - Free
Circular walking routes following edge of woodland, crossing farmland and passing interesting buildings - one route 5 miles and another of 7 miles. You can download a copy here (not recently updated).
Stoke by Clare circular walk - Free
A 5 mile circular walking route passing through the ancient village of Stoke by Clare and surrounding countryside. You can download a copy here (not recently updated).
Leavenheath and Nayland - Free
5 and 7 mile circular walking routes starting in the villages of Leavenheath or Nayland. The route passes farmland, orchards and ancient tracks. You can download a copy here (not recently updated).
Haverhill Country Walks - Free
A 6 mile circular walking route along old railway lines and adjacent to the river Stour before passing through the village of Kedington. You can download a copy here (not recently updated).
Bures Arger Fen - Free
Circular walking routes through lowland farmland and passing through the historic village of Bures St Mary on the river Stour. Walk are 2,3 and 4 miles long. You can download a copy here (not recently updated).
Glemsford - Free
2 and 5 mile circular walking routes, passing Tudor houses and includes panoramic views across the Stour valley. You can download a copy here (not recently updated).
Kedington - Free
A 3 mile circular walking route through the ancient lanes around Kedington. The route passes by woodland, farmland and verges rich in wildflowers. You can download a copy here (not recently updated).
Days out along the Stour Valley Path - Free
This series of itineraries cover convenient sections of the whole of the Stour Valley Path route. Each walk plan makes use of the best available transport services from conveniently placed starting points (not recently updated):
- Days out along the Stour Valley Path - Upper Stour Valley
- Days out along the Stour Valley Path - Middle Stour Valley
- Days out along the Stour Valley Path - Lower Stour Valley