The Dedham Vale AONB is a beautiful place to cycle and explore on two wheels!
There are a few important cycle safety points to bear in mind:
- Ensure your bike is in good working order before you set off on your trip.
- Go well equipped. Take a mobile phone, a puncture repair kit and pump, a first aid kit and refreshments.
- Be seen, wear high visibility clothing.
- Ride in single file on busy roads.
- Be aware of, and follow the Highway Code
- Wear a cycle helmet.
- Let other road users know your intentions – give clear hand signals.
- Listen out for other traffic and be considerate of other road users, pedestrians and horses.
From time to time there will be diversions or temporary closures of some sections of the walking and cycling routes promoted in the AONB.
Any changes or updates will be posted on our Promoted Route Updates page, as well as being shared on our social media channels.